One to one Support
Health Connectors provide one-to-one support for people to make positive changes to improve their health and well-being.
This service is free of charge and is open to adults aged 18+. You can be referred by a health professional, an organisation or you can self-refer by contacting us.
How a Health Connector can support you.
Health Connectors listen to your health story and can give you information about local services such as support groups and activities. They can help you connect with your community in a way that suits you.
This could include:
- Working with you to identify your strengths and skills, for you to live the life you want
- Assisting you to set achievable health-related goals such as joining a club or activity
- Supporting you to make sustainable changes for a happy and enjoyable lifestyle
- Connecting you to activities you would like to try
- Helping you to access transport to get there
- Accompanying you to groups/activities initially to see if it works for you
- Supporting you to identify and address barriers to living well
- Helping you to navigate systems and access support and services
- Supporting you in attending appointments
How do I meet a Health Connector
You’ll speak with a member of the team who will arrange with you a time to meet to have a chat about what you would like to do, your interests and how we can support you.
The project is about empowering you to do things for yourself. Health Connectors provide short term support, helping you to take the first steps to finding the support you need and making sustainable changes.
We can signpost to other agencies/resources if this would be more appropriate.
How to access the service
Phone: 01481 707470