Guernsey Motor Neurone LBG charity offers care and support for people with Motor Neurone Disease, their carers and families living within the Bailiwick of Guernsey (Alderney Sark and Herm).
The charity does this by:
- providing volunteer visitors
- loaning medical equipment
- helping fund
- helping improve services to people with MND
- promoting public and professional awareness and understanding of MND and the role of the GMN organisation.
Patient liaison visitors
We have liaison visitors who provide vital support to families by:
- visiting them at home
- keeping in touch regularly by telephone
- liaising with professional services to ensure the person living with MND receives the best care necessary to manage their condition.
In Guernsey we work closely with local health professionals which include occupational therapists, physiotherapists, district nurses and speech therapists.
Our aim is to provide community support to the highest standard, to ensure that people affected by MND feel secure and receive the care they need.