Up Climbing is an Indoor Climbing Centre in the old Galaad Chapel, on the Rue de Galaad. It is open 7 days a week and has Manual and Auto belay high roped walls (7m and 5m), Bouldering and Traverse walls and a Treadwall.
Rock Climbing is a great sport for all ages. The increasing body of research which supports the psychological and physical benefits of climbing is what led to the development of UP Climbing! It offers a variety of sessions suitable from ages 2 and up.
– Inductions: First time sessions for all adults wishing to climb at Up. They enable you to climb independently and supervise up to two children age 6+.
– Parent Supervised sessions: You can book these once you’ve completed your induction.
– Climbing Pass: These are for inducted adults (18+) and those16/17 years, who have been signed off for independent climbing.
– Instructor Supervised Session: This is a one hour session in small groups and includes a variety of activities. These are for those age 4-17.
-Toddler Sessions: For ages 2-4. These sessions are Instructor supervised and parent supported. These are a great introduction to climbing and help build confidence and strength in a supportive environment.
– Birthday Parties for all ages from 4+. These include a variety of age appropriate activities and challenges.
– Corporate Climbing – 1, 1.5 or 2 hour instructor supervised sessions for social clubs, team building or client events. Food from Himalayan Kitchen can also also be added to compliment these sessions.
– Climb and Curry events with Himalayan Kitchen.
– Climbing Clubs: These run daily in term time. There are a variety of clubs suitable for ages 3-18.
– GSCE Sport and D of E Climbing Clubs.
– Holiday activities: We have a wide range of activities running over the school holidays including Climbing Camps, Climb and Craft ( with Iris and Dora), Instructor Supervised sessions, Toddler sessions, 2 hour mega sessions, Parent Supervised sessions, Inductions and more!.
Pop in to have a go and see how climbing can be of benefit to you!
All sessions can be booked on line but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.