The Community Drug and Alcohol Team work with anyone over the age of 18 whose drug and/or alcohol consumption is causing problems, which generally include withdrawal features.
Who We Are
We are a multi-disciplinary team of professionals comprising of:
- Social workers
- STaR workers (support workers)
- Systemic practitioners
- We receive referrals from a GP or any other professional with whom you might be working.
- Once you are referred you will be contacted to complete a screening form. If you are not suitable for CDAT you will be referred onto other services such as In-Dependence or Action for Children (AfC) who may be able to offer you additional support.
If you are suitable for CDAT you will be offered an assessment. This gives us a comprehensive understanding of your drug and/or alcohol treatment needs and other medical, psychological and social needs.
CDAT offer the following interventions:
- 1-2-1 key working offering therapeutic support and individualised work. This might include Motivational Interviewing, Brief Interventions, Harm Reduction, Drug & Alcohol Star.
- Substitute prescribing for opiate dependence with compulsory supervised substitute medication dispensing in participating community pharmacies.
- Opiate in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Alcohol in-patient and out-patient detox.
- Relapse prevention work.
- Risk assessment and risk management plans
- Referral to other services such as PTI, Adult mental Health, Recovery & Wellbeing Service (RAWS) and referral to Decider Skills.
The duration of treatment varies depending on the individual’s required treatment, their personal recovery journey and any complex needs and risks around them.