Respiratory physiotherapy uses a combination of education, breathing exercises and techniques, movement analysis, soft tissue release techniques, postural correction and strength and conditioning training to help you meet your goals.
Respiratory physiotherapy will have something to offer to you whether you are:
- a high performance athlete wanting to reduce your air hunger whilst performing,
- or someone who has just been diagnosed with a breathing problem who wants to do all they can to prevent unwanted complications and reduce the impact of this on their life
- or someone who has a cough that they would like to be able to manage better
- or air hunger that is unexplained that they would like to reduce
- or someone who cannot get their lungs clear and would like to get them clearer
- or someone who is feeling too breathless and scared to leave their house and would like to feel less breathless and scared so that they can do more
Therapist – Hannah Lord
Hannah has a wealth of knowledge and experience that can help both children and adults who have a respiratory condition such as COPD (emphysema/chronic bronchitis), asthma, chronic cough, unexplained episodes of breathlessness and air hunger, and bronchiectasis, to live well and be more in control of their lung condition.