We offer short-term therapeutic interventions for adults aged 17 and over who have mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
Our primary aim is to enable people to learn healthier coping strategies to improve their well-being and to manage their difficulties themselves.
To access our services you can self-refer here: https://www.iaptportal.co.uk/guernsey.html or talk to your GP who can refer you, if appropriate.
Workshops and Courses: educational classes to understand and manage anxiety and low mood.
- Stress & Worry
- CBT skills for Anxiety
- The Decider Life Skills
- Mindfulness Introduction
- Low self esteem
Individual sessions: up to 6-8 sessions using either Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) or Counselling.
- Guided self help: uses CBT-based printed self-help material specific to current difficulties. Most structured & focused. 4-6 sessions.
- Single CBT Assessment & Intervention Session: this 1 hour session will help to make sense of current difficulties and provides skills to help make positive changes.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): looks at the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Practice of new skills is encouraged between sessions. 6-8 sessions.
- Counselling: offers space to explore thoughts and feelings, particularly about difficult current situations. 6-8 sessions
SilverCloud online computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy programme (from 23 July 2018)
- Consists of 7-8 modules for depression, stress and anxiety
Modules include videos, psycho-educational content, quiz, personal stories and interactive activities
- You will be supported by a practitioner with 2 weekly reviews
- Accessible at any time, using your computer, tablet or phone