The term relates to the physiotherapy of the musculoskeletal system. This involves muscles, bones, joints, nerves, ligaments, cartilage and spinal discs.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy uses a ‘physical’ approach that involves manual assessment and treatment techniques, which aim to:
- Encourage tissue healing by controlling and reducing pain and inflammation
- Restore normal range of motion by integrating the muscular joint and nervous system
- Identifying and treating problems and reduce the risk of re-occurrence
What conditions do we treat?
- Chronic Pain conditions
- Lower limb problems
- Pre/post operative physiotherapy (in collaboration with associated Consultant)
- Spinal problems
- Sports injuries
- Upper limb problems
What treatments can we offer?
- Aquatic Therapy
- Management of sports related injuries
- Massage Therapy
- Mobilisation of joints and soft tissue structures
- Pilates based rehabiltation
- Rehabiltation after prolonged immobilisation or surgery
- Exercise Prescription
- Advice & Education
- Pain Management