Car Service Coordinator
Essential professionalism, accountability and compassion in all areas of responsibility.
25 – 35 hours
General Purpose of Post
The Voluntary Car Service coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Health Connections Voluntary Car Service.
They will maintain excellent professional relations with the passengers, the Voluntary Car drivers, Health Connections team, HSC and all other stakeholders.
They will also assist in developing the existing Voluntary Car Service into an efficient online service using a bespoke IT platform (e.g flexiroute.)
They will support the expansion of the existing service into a centralised VCS and support the social model of health aligned to the vision of Health Connections LBG.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes
- Managing the existing VCS which will include taking enquiries/ referrals/ bookings – by telephone, in person or email.
- Liaising with voluntary car drivers, Processing mileage claims – using computer databases, reference files and liaising with other agencies as necessary.
- Recruit manage and train voluntary car driver alongside the CEO and partner organisations e.g St Johns, HSC.
- To undertake brief and ongoing needs analysis to ensure that the VCS is meeting needs of stakeholders and service users on an ongoing basis.
- To review the current VCS, update all information, ensuring it is current, valid and reliable and complies with GDPR regulation.
- To work with the CEO to develop the VCS.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the VCS is promoted and known about within the community and that access to it is visible and user friendly.
- Consistently providing high quality service to clients with compassion, sensitivity and empathy, and referring to other agencies/organisations as appropriate.
- Collect and compile relevant feedback from service users and stakeholder regarding the effectiveness and impact of the VCS and make improvements as necessary.
- Assisting with the marketing and promotion of the service, including the production of publicity of any materials used to promote the service as necessary.
- Providing administrative and practical support for volunteers working within the VCS or other areas of Health Connections’ work.
- Keep accurate records and compile data for monitoring and evaluation purposes and write a bi-monthly report for the Board.
- Knowledge of health, social care and disability matters and especially the vision of Health Connections LBG (see website www.healthconnections.gg).
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels with empathy and compassion.
- Understanding of Safeguarding vulnerable adults (further training provided).
- Effective organisational, time management and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective IT skills.
- Experience of developing, agreeing and implementing effective projects.
- Experience of communicating messages to a range of stakeholders including use of social media.
- Ability to work in an organisation through a period of change.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with other charitable, private and public service organisations
- Experience of working in collaboration, showing credibility when dealing with people at highest levels and across range of sectors
- Experience of running projects, with professionalism and accountability, within budget and delivered on time.
- Understanding the work of HSC, ESS, and relevant third sector organisations.
- Understanding of the principles and evidence relating to the social model of health and wellbeing.
- Understanding of the effective use of media, including social media, to raise an organisation’s profile.
- Strong learning skills and open to new ideas and thinking.
- High degree of compassion, empathy, patience, integrity, credibility and responsibility.
- Passionate about making a difference for the benefit of the public and the wider Health and Social care sector.
- Ambitious, creative, innovative.
- Good sense of humour.
- Integrative – focus on bringing people together for a common cause.
- This job description may be reviewed and subsequently amended or modified in negotiation with the post holder.
How to Apply
Please forward your CV to us with 2 referees contact details, together with a cover letter telling us why you would like to be considered for this role. The closing date for applications is Friday 1st March 2019.
We will let you know if you have been shortlisted by Friday 8th March and interviews are 18th/19th March with job commencing from 1st April subject to references and DBS check.
If you would like more information about this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 707470.