Voluntary Community Transport Service Coordinator
1 year contract. subject to review.
10 hours per week on 2 days, to include Mondays
The Lead Voluntary Community Transport Coordinator
General Purpose of Post
The Voluntary Car Service coordinator will be responsible for the administration of bookings for the busy Health Connections Voluntary Transport Service (CVTS).
They will maintain excellent professional relations with the passengers, the Voluntary Car drivers, Health Connections team, HSC and all other stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes
- Arranging transport bookings for the CVTS– using computer databases, reference files and liaising with other agencies as necessary.
- Taking enquiries/ referrals/ bookings – by telephone, in person or email.
- Liaising with voluntary car drivers
- To work with the Lead Community Transport coordinator as required to assist in the development of the service.
- Consistently providing high quality service to clients with compassion, sensitivity and empathy, and referring to other agencies/organisations as appropriate.
- Assisting with the marketing and promotion of the service
- Providing administrative and practical support for volunteers working within the VCS.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels with empathy and compassion.
- Experience of working with service users in a health, social care or disability setting in either a voluntary or paid capacity
- Understanding of Safeguarding vulnerable adults (further training provided).
- Understanding of Data Protection principles
- Effective organisational, time management and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective IT skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping
- Good geographical island knowledge
- Experience of planning journeys, for others or for self
- High degree of compassion, empathy, patience, integrity, credibility and responsibility.
- Passionate about making a difference for the benefit of the public
- This job description may be reviewed and subsequently amended or modified in negotiation with the post holder.
How to Apply
Please forward your CV to us with 2 referees contact details, together with a cover letter telling us why you would like to be considered for this role. The closing date for applications is Friday 10th January 2020.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This is a fixed term 1 year contract, renewable thereafter subject to funding.
If you would like more information about this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org