Health Connections is looking to recruit new Talking Café Host volunteers.
Commitment: Talking Cafe Host volunteers commit to 1 or 2 cafes per week and other volunteers just a few times a month. We are always grateful for as little or as much time as our volunteers can give.
Purpose: Health Connections mission statement is ‘Enabling all people in the Bailiwick to be connected to information and support that helps them live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Talking Cafes are an opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and chat to a Talking Cafe Host volunteer and a Health Connector about activities, support, and services in the community in local cafes which adopt the Talking Café Charter.
Requirements of Talking Café Volunteers:
- Completion of Health Connections FREE Community Connector Training
- Confident in using the Health Connections Directory to signpost people to support that matters to them
- Willingness, confidence and ability to talk to new people
- Good communication and listening skills
- Friendly, calm and empathic
- Excellent understanding and adherence to maintaining confidentiality, the Health Connections Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy and process.
- Basic police check and Level 2 safeguarding training provided during volunteer induction
- Attend Talking Café Team monthly Meetings
- Attend Meet the Directory events.