Helping parents in Guernsey build better lives for their children.
What is Home-Start Guernsey
A local based charity that provides a proactive home visiting programme in which trained parent volunteers, supported by paid staff, work with parents who have at least one child under seven in a family recognised as being ‘under stress’.
What does Home-Start Guernsey Offer?
Home-Start Guernsey offers support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children.
Home-Start support helps:
• Reduce family isolation and increase social networks
• Strengthen parent-child relationships
• Improve parents’ physical health and emotional well-being
• Develop and improve parenting skills
• Improve the home environment
• Improve children’s health, well-being and development
• Increase access to health, education and community services
Dragonflies – funded by the Sarah Groves Foundation, this is a family group drop in for parents and carers with pre-school children. The group offers parents and carers the chance to make new friends and to build an informal support network.
Every Tuesday, 9.30am – 11.30am @ Wesley Methodist Church Hall
Every Thursday, 9.30am – 11.30am @ Les Camps Methodist Church Hall
Every Friday 9.30 – 11.30 @ Styx Centre, St Peters
Story Sacks – we are able to lend families a number of different Story Sacks which include books and related toys to encourage play and interaction and early literacy skills.
Financial Support – we can help families with budgeting, benefits and a range of funding requests.