Guernsey Sands provides support and care to anyone affected by the death of a baby in Guernsey and promotes research to reduce the loss of babies’ lives.
Guernsey Sands’ committee is run on a voluntary basis by local people who have themselves experienced the death of a baby. The group’s main role is to help bereaved parents and families through support and advice with the following:
- Providing support by trained befrienders
- Working with staff on the PEH Loveridge and Frossard wards with a view to improving training, support and care in this area
- Raising awareness and working with the media
- Fundraising events
- Memorial services and events including our Lights of Love Service in December each year
- Guernsey Sands Memorial Garden in the Foulon Cemetery providing a tranquil place of reflection open all year round
- Regular community meets
- Online community groups
- National Sands Helpline
We also have a secret Facebook group called the Guernsey Sands Pregnancy After Loss Community. Please contact us if you would like to join this.
Guernsey Charity Registration No. CH461
Association of Guernsey Charities Membership No. 133
Guernsey Chamber of Commerce Charity Member