The Guernsey Cancer Alliance (GCA), is an independent, voluntary group supported by Health and Social Care (HSC). This is a collaborative effort with the purpose of enhancing the quality of cancer services in Guernsey.
A variety of support groups and charities have been established for the benefit of individual cancer patients and their families. The GCA provides a forum for these specialty groups and the cancer services within the HSC.
Members of the group are the coordinators and facilitators of the various cancer specialty groups as well as members from HSC Cancer Services.
The Aims of Guernsey Cancer Alliance are:
1. Provide a forum for communication and cooperation among members, associated groups and service providers
- By holding monthly meetings for members to understand new developments, exchange information and experiences, communicate upcoming events and identify areas for improvement;
- By providing a forum for outside specialists to attend meetings, provide information and reflect on possible problems or concerns;
- By communicating the outcome of these meetings to each of the involved groups;
- By representing Guernsey Cancer Alliance at other relevant meetings.
2. Provision of evaluation and feedback to HSC
- To monitor and review progress annually and to submit an annual report for inclusion in the Clinical Cancer Services Report;
- To consider and advise HSC on proposed developments regarding the delivery of cancer services;
- To support programmes of activity which will improve services for people affected by cancer, working in partnership with HSC and the voluntary/third sector.
- Bright Tights (Gynaecological Cancer Support Group)
- Guernsey Cancer Support Group
- Guernsey Society for Cancer Relief
- Leukaemia and Lymphoma Support Group
- Myeloma Support Group
- Pink Ladies (Breast Cancer Support Group)
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- Friends of PEH
- Health Connections
- Representatives of HSC:
- Lead Cancer Clinician
- Adult Community Health and Well Being Service Manager
- Lead Cancer Nurse
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner for Breast Care
Secretary of GCA, Karen Dick-Cleland
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number 245877