Drop-Inns provide various activities and opportunities and are a great way to meet other people; have a chat, join in a variety of activities if you want to, try new things, make new friends and have fun. For those who require minimal support, age 18+, residentially qualified to live in Guernsey and meet the learning disability criteria. Have to be able to attend the drop in with no carer etc.
There are five Drop-ins a week based in various locations around the island:
- Monday 10am – 1pm – North Youth Centre, La Moye Road, Vale GY35DR.
- Tuesday 10am – 12.30pm – Professor Shaw Community Centre, La Rue Maze, St Martin’s, GY4 6LL
- Wednesday 2pm – 4pm – The Bowl, Victoria Avenue, St Sampson’s, GY2 4BB
- Thursday 10am – 1pm – Delancy Elim Church, Les Banques, St. Sampson’s, GY24BL
- Friday 10am – 1pm – North Youth Centre, La Moye Road, Vale GY3 5DR
Activities include: Computers, pool table, air hockey table, puzzles, arts and crafts, magazines. Refreshments are available.
After an initial meeting with you, we register your details and explain how the Drop Inns work. Once registered and we have agreed the Drop Inns are suitable for you, the idea is that you can just turn up.